1K km 4 1K€ Update again.

Yes! I did it! My first week's cycling (I go from Tuesday to Tuesday) and I hit my target: 37 km.
It wasn't particularly easy riding, but with the beautiful weather I certainly enjoyed it (mostly. Some "up" bits were less enjoyable!) Of course, I can't rest on my laurels. It's not 37 km I've got to do, but 1,000, so next week has to be the same as this...and the one after that...and the one after that!

I'm hoping that within another two/three weeks I'll feel ready to join the Cycle Club on their rides. At the moment Group 3 are doing about 30 km on a Saturday afternoon; as I'm struggling after 15 I think I need a couple more weeks out on my own, getting fitter and then I can join them. I'm not being negative (Note, Mr D! :-) ) I'm just doing this at the pace I want to do it at. 

I want to add a Thank You to two more donors.
My niece Ruth has promised £15, and my sister&brother-in-law have sent a cheque for £20. Thank you both very much. It's really appreciated. The more money I raise, the more embarrassing it would be to give back IF I failed (which I'm not going to do!)

So here's the Totaliser

Date
Distance cycled
Distance to go
Money raised
Money to go
03.03.11
8
992
106€
894€
05.03.11
22
978
106€
894€
09.03.11
37
963
136€*
864€
*£ to € conversions are rounded to the nearest €

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts