Cycling & WeightLoss Updates

Another ride today. The longest I’ve done so far, so I’m really chuffed with myself! I have gradually been extending the circuit I’ve been doing, by adding the next part of the loop – so I started with 14 km twice, then 18 km twice and this ride extended it to 26.5. I’m also pleased that hills  (well, slight inclines!!) that I usually go up in Granny Gear (1st gear wheel) I got up in the second!  I’m still tired, but I am exhilerated! Oh, dear…might I actually be enjoying this cycling lark?! Mr D keeps nagging me to go out with the Cycling Club rather than by myself; I wanted to get to the target of doing 25 km by myself first. Well, I’ve done it – though I do have to say, it’s hardly at a speed to break the speed limit! – so maybe next Saturday I’ll join the Cyclos (3rd Group) for their outing.

Big Thank Yous go to more sponsors. To Mr D’s Uncle in Australia, thank you for a very very generous cheque, and to my friend Daniele thank you too for some folding cash money! I’m planning on asking the Cyclo Club to sponsor me, and promise them cake for 6 weeks if I reach 100€. And for 12 weeks if I reach 200€ from them!!! 

Anyway, here’s the Totaliser
Date
Distance cycled
Distance to go
Money raised
Money to go
09.03.11
37
963
136€*
864€
19.03.11
64
936
248€*
752€
26.03.11
126.5
873.5
314€
686€
*£ to € conversions are rounded to the nearest €

And now for my weight loss chart. Not so encouraging...but I'm not downhearted!
START WEIGHT
102 kg
224.9 lbs
TARGET WEIGHT
75 kg
165.3 lbs
AMOUNT TO LOSE
27 kg
59.6 lbs
AMOUNT TO GO
21.4 kg
47.2 lbs
LOST  IN TOTAL
5.6 kg
12.3 lbs
LOST THIS WEEK
0 kg
0 lb
WEIGHT THIS WEEK
95. 4 kg
210 lb
I'm afraid I've lost absolutely bugger all! HOWEVER - I've not gained, so that's a bonus. It could be that I'm now starting to add muscle, as I cycle, so that's weighing more. It could be that I'm not eating enough calories (yeah, right!) so my body's gone into "starvation mode", or it could be that I've just reached a "plateau".*

It seems that my initial target of 75 kg may be a little too low for my height. The top end recommended by medical people who know is 84 kg, so if I aim for 80 kg and see how I feel, that might be best. I'll keep my totaliser at 75 kg though, just to be consistent.

Generally, I'm feeling positive - if only because I have fitted comfortably into a pair of jeans that I couldn't fit into 2 months ago! YAY! I still have a generous muffin top when I wear them but it's still all going in the right direction!

 Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Muffins.....

*It could also be that the bag of Liquorice Allsorts that I scoffed (at 25 calories a Liquorice Allsort! Eeeek!) is coming back to haunt me!!!

Comments

Popular Posts