Possibly the last post before Christmas!

Hello! Hello! I see I have another Follower! How exciting! Sandy from Hobnobbers has joined our merry band! I hope that you find something that interests you, Sandy!

Don't forget that if you're joining me via A Pause for Advent, you'll find the post over at the View from the Teapot
 
Some of the menu planning from last week changed - On Friday, I didn't feel like making the butternut squash risotto (we'd already had sausage and chips earlier in the week, necessitating a shift to the risotto), but as Sara at Le Petit Village had blogged about Raclette I decided that was what I fancied on a cold snowy winter Friday. Charcuterie is the usual accompaniment, but our raclette cooker has a "hot plate" addition, which means we can cook meat on it. So I bought some thinly cut steak and we had that.


On Saturday, there was still some steak left, so I made steak sandwiches, with lots of onion and mushooms. We had these with more chips (tut, tut, Fat Dormouse. That weightloss will start to reverse itself soon!) and salad. Cathy introduced me to an easy, but yummy salad dressing: three tbsp sweet chilli sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar. Mix well and serve over salad leaves. 

Today we had Colin burgers. No, don't worry, we've not turned into cannibals. Colin is French for hake, and  Gilles, at ShCarrefour gave me some free, just-past-their-sell-by-date Colin burgers. I wasn't too sure about them so...

I cooked some onion, leek, mushrooms and courgettes in a little olive oil, and made a cheese sauce. I put the veggies in an oven proof dish, laid the semi-cooked burgers on top, poured over the cheese sauce, and then topped it all with big croutons made of two-day-old bread tossed in a bit of oil. In the oven for 30 minutes, and it was very acceptable, thank you!

MONDAY: We'll have the postponed chilli from Saturday. With rice.

TUESDAY: I think I'll make a quick and easy vegetable and pasta bake, with a few lardons thrown in. I think there's about 70g of chorizo laying about in the fridge too, so I'll add that. 

WEDNESDAY: As I'm teaching & don't get home until almost 7.00 I want something quick and easy for this meal. There are a couple of steaks in the freezer. With onions, mushrooms and a bit of creme fraiche, this will make a quick  stroganoff

THURSDAY: I've still got the turkey escalopes in the freezer that I was going to use for Hairy Crispy ChickenSo I think I will use those up. 



FRIDAY: We'll have Lamb Kofta curry (the recipe is for beef koftas, but I've got lamb mince to use up)

SATURDAY: I'm off to the UK! I'm flying from Grenoble airport to Liverpool, to spend time with mum, before going to Canterbury to spend Christmas with MiL. I'm not sure if we'll eat before leaving for the airport. I think we'll have time for a quick meal - the journey is about 3 hours, and I need to be at the airport for 17h. If not, we'll take sandwiches to eat in the car.

I won't be blogging from Liverpool, but once I get to Canterbury, I will pop in from time to time. 

* * * * * 
Cro - I hope your village did get its goat! Maybe they named it after you!!! I know it's sometimes hard to believe that these things really do "get through" to whoever they are supposed to, but I guess sometimes one just has to trust! I'm "giving" my friends a duckling from Practical Action this year.

PomPom and GreenPatches - the cats really are cutie pies. I took a photo of Bib a couple of days back
Amidst the chaos of crafting on my desk, she is curled up in her basket, purring loudly and sucking the end of her tail! 

SaraLouise - I hope you enjoyed the Spanish style chicken. We certainly did, and it was really easy to prepare and to cook.

Aninha - My kitties send licks and purrs to yours. I hope you're having a great time in Brazil!

* * * * *
And to everyone who reads this blog:



Whatever you're eating this Christmas, I hope you have a wonderful time. May God bless you.



Comments

  1. Safe travels and a blessed Christmas to you,and yours.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Thanks for coming up to Normandy for a visit, it's always great to meet fellow expat's living in France.
    Hope you have a safe trip back to UK and a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts