Nom nom, chocklit brownies!

I had quite a busy morning today. In fact we both did.

 Mr FD popped to ShCarrefour to buy a light bulb for the kitchen light, plus some frozen spinach. He then washed, cleaned and renewed five cat litter trays (my Hero!)and found a way to botch a temporary repair on a loose thingy that makes a bit of a juddery noise when the car stops.


Me, I made litres of curried carrot soup (2kg bag of carrots at Lidl for 0,99€) I boiled & roasted a kind of gammon joint - to be sliced and frozen for meals/sandwiches in the future. The joint itself was an impulse buy but they were reduced at Carrefour so I bought one. I also made some wicked chocolate brownies, which are just over 130 calories each. They are delicious!

NOT-SO-WICKED CHOCKLIT BROWNIES

4.5 oz plain flour
2 oz unsweetedned cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
3 oz butter
2 oz dark chocolate
4 oz granulated sugar
6 cl semi skimmed milk
2 egg yolks
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
10 walnuts chopped
2 oz dark choc chips (you could miss out these last two if you wished & reduce the calorie count a little)

Preheat oven to 200°C. Prepare a 8" baking tin (or whatever you have around that size) I lined mine, you might grease yours.
Melt the chocolate & butter together in 15 sec bursts in microwave. Stir between bursts. Leave to cool a little.
Sift flour cocoa & salt together.
Add the sugar, milk, vanilla & eggs to the chocolate-butter mix. Mix to make a batter.
Add walnuts & choc chips, if using.
Pour into prepared tin. Bake for about 15-20 mins until a knife comes out clean.
Cut into 20 pieces.



This week I've lost 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs) I'm quite pleased.

Smile.

Comments

  1. Good girl! Look at you go!
    I am giving up wheat and dairy for a bit to see if it helps my sinuses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I am mostly plateauing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on weight loss. I am NOT losing weight, despite all my good efforts. And I am ignoring the delicious recipes posted by 'friends' - please, lead us not into temptation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe, they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FIVE litter trays???? How many Chats? Well done on the weight loss!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the weight loss - that's awesome! Mind you - this recipe leaves me quite the hungry girl! I'm off to make a sandwich! Best wishes - Shroo:)x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts